Working with Blinkink and Ten Times for G-Shock and Gorillaz we developed a unique digital application called MIMO to bring 2D and Noodle into the real world and onto the interview couch with Mr Ibe, founder and inventor of G-Shock watches, who’s personal vision brought about the world’s toughest watch 35 years ago.
The film uses innovative, world-first technology (MIMO) developed by us to capture a meeting between two cultural entities. Combining machine learning and vision analysis, this bespoke system utilises motion capture technology to create 2D animation in a live performance setting, allowing the band to communicate and interact live in a way that’s never been seen before.
- Directors Jamie Hewlett & Ten Times
- Production co. Blinkink
- Producer Georgina Filmore
- Technical Lead Arvid Niklasson
- Analog Producer Matthew Shannon
- Developer Graham Reeves
- Developer Luca Conesa
- Animators Conor Ryan, Reg Isaac, Eleonora Quario, Bianca Assad, Pencil Bandit
- Graphics Ruini Shi & Chiara Sgatti
- Live Action Interview Director Nick Collett
- DOP Jake Polonsky
- Editor Ed Cheesman @ Final Cut
- Sound FX Offset Audio